At Texas Quality Assurance our goal is simple, to provide you with a simple easy to understand support plan so that you can make the best use of your team.
ISO 13485 Consultation | ISO 13485 – MEDICAL DEVICE COMPLIANCE | CONSULTATION & MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SUPPORT
ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Management System
ISO 13485 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to provide medical devices and related services that consistently meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements.
ISO 13485 is the ideal management system for medical device manufacturers or suppliers who are looking for opportunities to grab new markets, conformity with regulatory requirements is a mandate. If you are one of those entrepreneurs who want to avail the competitive advantages in the medical device manufacturing industry, ISO 13485 certification is an ideal choice for you!
Benefits of ISO 13485
Safety and quality are non-negotiable in the medical devices industry, that’s where ISO 13485 comes into play.
Regulatory requirements are increasingly stringent throughout every step of a product’s life cycle, including service and delivery. Increasingly, organizations in the industry are expected to demonstrate their quality management processes and ensure best practice in everything they do. This internationally agreed standard sets out the requirements for a quality management system specific to the medical devices industry.
An ISO 13485 management system standard into your business represents good management practice, or in the case of medical devices “Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).”
Access to More Higher Value Markets
Just as it is true for non medical device manufactures, ISO certified management systems carry significant weight in the supplier approval process, and in many regions it is an outright requirement. Investment in a certified management system will enable you to market to more customers around the world.
A certified management system enables you to improve your manufacturing process as well as the quality of your products. It helps you foster a strong bonding with your suppliers, business associates, and customers. As an outcome, you will find your overall business performance improved.
Interested in certification to ISO 13485?
How can Texas Quality Assurance help you?
Texas Quality Assurance can partner with you in one several methods including:
- Compliance Consultation
- Documented Information Development
- Management Review
- and more...
- Internal Auditing
- Supplier Auditing
- "TQA Cloud" QMS Software
- Document Control
- Nonconformance Reporting
- Corrective Action
- and more..
- Fractional Quality Management including representation with clients and external auditors
Integration with additional compliance requirements
While it remains a stand-alone document, ISO 13485 is generally harmonized with ISO 9001. A principle difference, however, is that ISO 9001 requires the organization to demonstrate continual improvement, whereas ISO 13485 requires only that the certified organization demonstrate the quality system is effectively implemented and maintained. Additionally, the ISO 9001https://texasqa.com/iso-9001-certified-quality-management-system/ requirements regarding customer satisfaction are absent from the medical device standard.
Other specific differences include:
1. the promotion and awareness of regulatory requirements as a management responsibility. Examples of market-specific regulatory requirements include 21 CFR 820, the Quality System Regulation for medical devices sold in the United States, enforced by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or the Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC, required for doing business in the European Union
2. controls in the work environment to ensure product safety
3. focus on risk management activities and design control activities during product development
4. specific requirements for inspection and traceability for implantable devices
5. specific requirements for documentation and validation of processes for sterile medical devices
6. specific requirements for verification of the effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions
Interested in certification to ISO 13485?
Management System Standards We Actively Support
Quality | Environmental Management | Occupational Health & Safety | Medical Devices
Oil & GAS Manufacturing and Services